Italian cuisine is world-renowned. There are Italian restaurants in every corner of the planet.
Its cuisine is famous, especially for its pasta and its pizzas, but it is also famous for its extraordinary wines, its olive oil, its ice cream, its Parmesan cheese, its buffalo mozzarella, its balsamic vinegar of Modena and its Parma ham.
Each region offers different dishes, all of which are very varied.
Here are the most typical of Rome:
- Bucatini all’amatriciana: fat spaghetti with a hole in the center, accompanied with bacon, tomato and pecorino cheese.
- Carciofi alla giudia: fried artichokes as if they were potatoes.
- Castagnole alla romana: stuffed fritters, typical Carnival sweet.
- Maritozzi: cake filled with cream, perfect to eat with a coffee.
- Roman Pecorino: sheep’s milk cheese that is usually accompanies pasta as a sauce.
- Puntarelle: typical vegetable of the Roman countryside that is taken with olive oil as an appetizer.
- Saltimbocca alla romana: beef tenderloin covered with a strip of ham and sage leaf.
- Spaghetti alla carbonara: pasta with eggs, bacon and pepper.
- Supplì alla romana: balls stuffed with rice, with meat sauce, mozzarella and tomato.
Do not forget to visit our “Recommendations” section about the “Markets” you can find in Rome.
“Buon Appetito” – Enjoy your meal!