New York is a cosmopolitan city, where hundreds of cultures converge. There are a variety of restaurants that offer flavours from around the world.
You cannot miss the street food carts that you will find in the city, nor the delicious brunch (mixture of the words “breakfast” + “lunch”) that was so popular in the 1930s. This meal replaces breakfast and lunch. This brunch offers sweet and savory products, from Benedictine eggs, roast beef, seafood and smoked salmon to pancakes, muffins and fruit.
Some of the typical dishes that you can find in New York are:
- Bagels: wheat flour bread with a hole in the center.
- Cupcakes: cake baked in individual paper mold.
- Waldorf Salad: made with celery, nuts, apple and cabbage in julienne, seasoned with mayonnaise.
- Hamburger: a classic.
- Hot dog: boiled or fried sausage, served in an elongated bread that can be accompanied by tomato sauce and mustard, among others.
- Pizza: brought by Italian immigrants who arrived to America. It can be taken as a whole or in portions.
- Pretzel: bread bun, salted, in the form of a bow.
- New York cheesecake.
If you go to a restaurant and are satisfied with the service, we recommend you leave a tip, between 15 and 20 percent of the total bill, as long as the service is not included.
Enjoy your meal!